sábado, 13 de diciembre de 2008

Of Christmas and the Northern Star

It was cold but the summer of everyone’s laughter tempted me. I left. It was at the stroke of midnight that. I was all alone. Or to put it another way, the entire world fell under my spell and became its master for two, five, seven times seven seconds. Seconds whispering the melody of midnight fires, humming carols at the sight of the sun timidly rising over your face under the tidal influence of your moon. This night is all yours. Hide it. Break it in halves. Save it for a barren momentum. Place it carefully under your bed. You can rest your solitude on its shoulder. Full moon. Half moon. New moon. The choice is yours. Here I am breathing in all I can feel through each millimetre of your scented afternoon crammed with games, cards, hammocks far far away, so distant that a queue could end up where it found its alpha.
I threw a handful of twinkle twinkle little stars into the Universe and they spelt your name in the night of my timeless dream.


Get out, leave your nest. Take your coat of arms off. Just for once, test your defences by letting me wrap you in sleepy simple songs. Step to your balcony. It’s Christmas Eve. See your very own name radiantly embroidered in the blackness of the night. Fear me not. Let your tears shine on as they trickle down down your walls carved in your very mounts. Let’s change the world now that you’ve changed mine.


You can’t see your name singing under the deafening glories of a thousand bells? You don´t like your balcony? Where did your roses in full bloom go? Where did you hide your childish look? So well hidden that now you can’t find it. Or is it hiding from you? You can´t stand the cold? You suppress your screams? You don´t like contemplating your own breath rising up against the icy quiet night? Why? All the starts are there. I threw a handful of the most unique stars into the Universe. I threw them with my right arm. You very well know its strength, its power, its tender side, its maps, junctions made under the progress of your infinite plan. If you can’t see your name waving at you. You haven’t been loved enough. You gave your childhood summer afternoons into adoption long ago. You don’t love. You can’t love. I say again, let’s change the world now that you’ve already changed mine. And the changes of the world cannot be undone. Let’s change the world now that you’ve changed mine. Let’s change the world now that you’ve changed mine. Look for your name in the night. Christmas has come. Let your world be changed. Let’s change the world now that you’ve changed mine.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario